Home Innovation News
Building or rehabbing low-income housing in NY? NGBS Green Certification can help you get funding.
August 29, 2014Upper Marlboro, MD
Funding Available for NGBS Green Certified Buildings in New York
New York State Homes and Community Renewal (NYSHCR) has released the 2014 Notice of Funding Availability for construction and/or rehabilitation of housing for low- and moderate-income households through the following programs:
- Low-Income Housing Trust Fund Program
- New York State HOME Program
- Rural Area Revitalization Projects Program
- Urban Initiatives Program
- Community Investment Fund
- Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery Program
- Medicaid Redesign Team Housing Capital Program
- Mitchell-Lama Program
Funding applicants who pursue NGBS Green Certification benefit from up to five application points for “Optional Green Building Program Participation.” To learn more and apply, download the NOFA.
# # #