Rigorous ICC 700 National Green Building Standard Certification
The National Green Building Standard™ certification goes well beyond saying a home is energy efficient; it provides independent, third-party verification that a home, apartment building, or land development is designed and built to achieve high performance in six key areas: Site Design, Resource Efficiency, Water Efficiency, Energy Efficiency, Indoor Environmental Quality, and Building Operation & Maintenance.
Testing Homes to the Highest Green Standards
We certify homes to the rigorous requirements of the ICC 700 National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS) – the only residential green building rating system approved by ANSI as an American National Standard. The NGBS provides practices for the design and construction of all types of green residential buildings, renovations, and land developments.
Our stringent third-party verified certification program ensures homes and apartments are built in compliance with the NGBS and focuses on three primary attributes that are highly marketable to today’s discerning consumers:
- Providing fresh air ventilation that improves indoor air quality
- Limiting pollutants and contaminants in the home
- Preventing moisture problems that can contribute to mold and attract pests
Lower Operating Costs
- Reducing utility costs through cost-effective energy and water efficiency practices
- Controlling maintenance costs through durable construction and product selection
- Providing technical and educational resources to ensure the home’s optimum performance
- Promoting walkability
- Reducing home maintenance through enhanced durability
- Preserving natural resources through responsible land development practices
Giving Products Our Green Approval
We not only certify green homes and developments – we also pre-approve products that are eligible for points toward certification of those projects. Products that carry the Home Innovation NGBS Green Certified mark (formerly the NAHB Research Center Green Approved Product mark) have been submitted by their manufacturers for evaluation and approval of point-worthiness for specific criteria within the National Green Building Standard. When installed properly and in the right quantity or manner specified by Home Innovation Labs, NGBS Green Certified Products make the verification and certification process more straightforward and streamlined for builders, remodelers, and accredited green verifiers.
BUY 2012 NGBS
Buy your copy of the ICC 700-2012 National Green Building Standard from BuilderBooks.com.
Get yours today