NGBS Green Home Remodeling Project Certification
The ICC 700 National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS) provides practices for the renovation and remodeling of green single-family homes and multifamily buildings, including:
- Single-family homes and townhouses
- Duplexes, quads, and garden apartments
- High- and low-rise apartment buildings
- Residential units in mixed-use buildings
- Small-scale remodeling projects such as kitchens, bathrooms, basements (2012 NGBS only)
A green remodeled home or multifamily building can be awarded a Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Emerald certification level, depending on the extent of the green practices incorporated in the remodel. (There are no certification levels for small remodeling projects certified under the 2012 NGBS.) Home remodels or multifamily building renovations can attain NGBS Green certification if the renovations result in a 15% reduction in energy use and a 20% reduction in water use, as compared to the pre-remodel condition. The home or building must also meet applicable mandatory practices and incorporate additional green practices.
BUY 2012 NGBS
Buy your copy of the ICC 700-2012 National Green Building Standard from BuilderBooks.com.
Get yours today